Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Midsummer's Night's Dream...

Oh so it felt like one when I got to this strange location. We had to cross abandoned rail tracks, hike downhill through the forest, walk through tall grass meadows, along side a creek, cross this strong metallic grill bridge and along a narrow path through the forest to a clear opening under the trees where you could hear repetitive beats with people swaying slightly to the music. There was a definitive smoke in the air and a general sense of looseness. I walked around the groups of people- listening to them talk in a language alien to me. The sun was bright and beautiful. I did not know Berlin would be like this. I thought it would be more cult. It felt like a gossamer elf's party. The sun shining on the blonde hair, people sitting on swings under the tree, flower children. It was like a dream. People dancing, talking,smoking, drinking, making love. All to repetitive beats. I made some interesting friends here. How did I even end up here? Well Irene and Martina knew of many lovely parties that were happening and I just tagged along. But was surprised to find people interested in wanting to talk to me. Not strange questions about origins and India, but a general sense of excitement when I told them I had just arrived from Mumbai and on day two was at a Berlin party. I guess that made me tres cool (a term I picked from Amsterdam Lucas). I shall never forget these friends I made- they gave me a sense of what it would be like if I did belong there. It was easy, light and happy. Such was the day, and such should be life.










































2 comments:

  1. post modern flower child people ~! nicely written..reminds me of W H Davies's Leisure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheap-ass red wedding dress symbolize bloodshed of corporate America based on 3rd-world labor in pursuit of brainless, conformist consumers.

    ReplyDelete